This week the blog was written by George Martin, President of The Arcadia Institute. What does it mean to you to be a community member?
• Having friends to enrich your life and support you
• Taking part in community activities you choose
• Making a contribution to others and being responsible for them
• Being respected for who you are and what you bring to the community
• Having a job and/or taking part in pursuits that hold meaning for you
Sounds exactly like what community membership means to people with disabilities.